September’s Focus = SELF-CONTROL
My goal for September is to become more self-controlled [to use self-constraint in the midst of temptation] by giving up one meal a week to pray, sticking to a strict budget in order to save for a romantic outing with John, only watching entertainment from Friday through Sundays, breaking the habit of chewing my nails, avoiding technology until housework is done daily, and avoiding all negative comments. I will use a calendar to keep track of my daily progress.
- Faith- (I) Pray every day that God would increase my self-control, (II) Memorize and meditate upon an entire Book of the Bible this month and (III) Give up one meal per week to pray.
- Marriage– (I) Stick to a strict budget and save for a romantic outing to enjoy at the end of the month and (II) Only watch t.v. or movies from Friday-Sunday (find other more meaningful and interactive activities to do together, instead).
- Health- (I) Stop chewing nails, (II) Be strict with medical diet and (III) Don’t slack off with marathon training.
- Homemaking- (I) Avoid technology until household tasks are finished daily.
- Interactions– (I) Refrain from all negative comments, (II) Avoid gossip and (III) Refrain from judging others.
Do you have goals for September?