Focus for August = GENTLENESS
My goal for August is to become a gentler person [to show restraint coupled with strength and courage] by serving those whom the world deems “below” me, bearing offenses without complaint, allowing John to lead, and by daily stretching my muscles. I will use a calendar to keep track of my daily progress.
- Faith- Memorize and meditate upon 3 appropriate verses about gentleness each week, pray daily that God would make me a gentle person, and meditate upon Christ’s gentleness weekly.
- Marriage– Overlook minor offenses and allow John to lead in our marriage (by not questioning or micromanaging him, not telling him how to drive, etc.)
- Health- Stretch muscles daily and reward myself with a small indulgence once a week (things like stevia-sweetened chocolate, zevia soda, extra reading time, etc.)
- Homemaking- Don’t consider any household task “below” me or a waste of time, take on tasks that John usually performs, and tackle a home project I’ve been putting off for years (… cleaning our back porch).
- Interactions– Serve somebody the world considers “below” me each week and bear all offenses without complaint.
- Books to Read- There were several books I wasn’t able to finish during July, so the books I hope to read in the month of August are as follows:
- Boundaries in Marriage (Cloud & Townsend)
- The Relationship Cure (John Gottman)
- The Normal Christian Life (Watchman Nee)
- Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ (John Piper)
What goals do you hope to accomplish this month?