Focus for June = FAITHFULNESS
My goal for July is to become more faithful [to be reliable, loyal, and honest] by spending time with God daily whether I feel like it or not, taking captive every thought, exercising in some form daily, keeping up with household chores, and showing up on time to all meetings and appointments throughout the month. I will use a calendar to keep track of my daily progress.
- Faith- Memorize and meditate upon 3 appropriate verses about faithfulness each week, pray every day that God would help me to be faithful, dwell on God’s faithfulness weekly, and read my Bible and pray every day, even when I don’t feel like it.
- Marriage– Take captive every thought that doesn’t encourage marital faithfulness.
- Health- Do some form of exercise every single day.
- Homemaking- Keep the home well-kept so John can rely upon it, even on top of other responsibilities (John’s top 4 main concerns: Clean laundry, Clean dishes, Clean toilets, Food to eat).
- Interactions– Keep commitments even if it hurts, tell the truth even when tempted to tell a “little white lie”, and show up on time to all meetings and appointments.
- Books to Read- The books I hope to read in the month of July are as follows:
- Boundaries in Marriage (Cloud & Townsend)
- The Relationship Cure (John Gottman)
- Flawed but Faithful Ebook (Pastor Joey Bauer)
- The Normal Christian Life (Watchman Nee)
- Ministering Cross-Culturally (Lingenfelter & Mayers)
- On Being a Servant (Warren Weirsbe)
- No Grain, No Pain (Dr. Peter Osborne)
What are your goals for the month of July?