If you know me you’re probably aware that I’ve never been known for being “bubbly” or “cheerful”. It’s not that I’m always scowling or that I never laugh, I’m just more reserved and don’t always express overt happiness. Of course, joy is not equal to happiness. If you asked my Sunday School students they would eagerly tell you that happiness is dependent upon circumstances, while joy is a choice you can make even in the worst of times. This month I will be intentionally choosing joy.
Focus for March = JOY
My goal for March is to become a more joyful person [exhibiting delight and satisfaction; choosing to rejoice] by singing, smiling, praising and enjoying God every day throughout the month. I will use a calendar to keep track of my daily progress.
- Faith- Memorize and meditate upon 3 appropriate verses per week, pray every day that God would help me choose joy, spend at least 30 minutes in prayer daily, intentionally notice the beauty of creation and thank God for it, sing to God daily, and reflect on the gift of salvation daily.
- Marriage– Do at least one thing per week with John that is especially fun or that makes us laugh, go on a “comedy date”, and play worship music together at least once.
- Health- Force myself to smile daily (even when I don’t feel like it) and get fresh air daily.
- Homemaking- Praise God for every chore as I do it and listen to Christian music as I do housework.
- Interactions– Put a smile in my voice when I speak and bless at least one person per week who is struggling.
Do you have any goals for the month of March?