As I launch a new focus of “love” this month, I begin with much trepidation. I admitted to my husband John that love has been one of my greatest struggles. And yet, God’s commandments center on loving Him and loving others. As one of this week’s memory verses says, “Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law” (Romans 13:10). I need to be more dependent upon the Lord than ever as I seek to increase in my love for Him and others this month.
February’s Focus = LOVE
My overarching goal for February is to become a more loving person [to unselfishly, intentionally, and gladly meet the needs of others] by practically showing love to John and at least one other person every day throughout the month. I will use a calendar to keep track of my daily progress.
- Faith- Meditate upon 1 Corinthians 13 weekly, Memorize at least 3 verses about love per week, Hand out at least one gospel tract per week, and Pray every day that God would increase my love for Him and others and give me opportunities to show practical love.
- Marriage– Fulfill the love language experiment (as shown on my blog).
- Health- Do one thing per week to show love to my body (for example, take a bath or get a haircut).
- Homemaking- Make a meal for a family at church, invite friends over for a meal.
- Interactions– Do at least one loving act for somebody per day.
What are you goals for the month of February?